What Is Universal Basic Income? The Essential UBI Reading List
More people are asking “what is universal basic income” – and this collection of UBI studies, projects and organisations will help you answer this question
Are you looking to learn more about the universal basic income (UBI) movement? You’ve come to the right place. And you’re not alone. The number of Google searches for universal basic income related terms have increased fivefold in the last five years alone. It’s not surprising, given the increase in inequality we’ve seen in recent times.
GoodDollar is a research initiative at the intersection of UBI and blockchain technology, looking to reduce global financial inequality. We’re developing and launching a new protocol for generating and distributing universal basic income and we‘re always on the lookout for new studies, researchers and organisations that drive this emerging field forward.
In this post, we’d like to share all the essential materials we feel are great resources for any UBI enthusiast or even a beginner looking to learn more — feel free to share your feedback and check back for updates.
Reports And Academic Research
- Can Less Work Be More effective? — The Green Institute
- Universal Basic Income In Developing World — MIT
- UBI As Developing Solution — SAGE
- The Social, Economical & Political Impact Of UBI — JaeHong Lim
- A Re-imagined Social Contract For The 21st Century — Stanford University
- UBI In A Feminist Perspective & Gender Analysis — GSP Forum
- What Can UBI Do For Gender Equality? — Stanford University
- How Might UBI Influence Gender Roles? — University Of Twente
- Basic Income & Gender Equality — Sheila Rehger
- Basic Income And Racial Justice — stanfordpolitics.org
Web Resource Centers
If you like this list or any have suggestions for what we should add. We would love to hear from you.Back to Blog
Want to keep up with the latest updates on the GoodDollar and global UBI?